Friday, February 12, 2010

it's been a while !!!!

It has been a while that I have not bloged.
I was super duper busy with school and personal things that I had to take care of.
Niway, that should not be the excuses!! I better be motivated and inspired by pretty and high-quality designs without any excuses.

I came across the idea of inspiring myself to use the different elements and techniques for designing my project. Also, it was the original idea for me to think about my thesis project.
I was thinking about designing the information design. However, I had a big problem of what kind of information that I want to do. I did tons of research on others designers and design students. I found so many interesting sets of information that those people did for there project. Most of the information came from personal interests: planes, houses, foods, places, etc. Therefore, I asked myself, "why dont I pick the thing that I am obsessed with or that I would love to see it for another year from now?"

I decided to collect the information from my personal interests: faucets, fire hydrants, shadow, time based information, etc. I did some of the experimentation for examining my ideas and showed the designs to my professers. I would like to thank Prof. Jimmy Moss, Prof. Connie Utterback, Prof. Michael Henderson, and Prof. Jim Ovelmen for giving me so many advises even though, some of the advises I did not take I really appreciate for their generous and kindness. Without their advises, I could not pass my proposal and continue doing my project.

Well, I would like share those designs that I developed in the past two months
.







No comments: